Tagged with lis
"No seriously, we are a profession that is made up of 80% women. Why the fuck is basic feminist theory not mandatory reading in library school?"
Last year the note on Jessa's copy of my Winter Solstice Shout Out zine asked if she was going to make a dissertation procrastination zine. On the first page of Jessa's new zine she answers me, "Yes, Jenna. Yes, I am."
Apparently they haven't received any applications from library and information science students yet. So if you're in an LIS program and looking for a for credit internship, and you want to work with comics (How could you not?), please get in touch with these nice people!
Deirdre Stam's LIS class at LIU/The Palmer School, Thursday, April 2, 2009
- Jenna: Radical Reference
- Vani: Historical people of color activist librarianship
- Jenna: ALA Social Responsibilities Round Table
- Vani: Outreach to prisoners--Books Through Bars, METRO SIG, Prisoner Express
- Jenna: PLG
- Vani: Infoshops/bookstore collectives
- Jenna: Alternative press/zines at Barnard
- Vani: Working with media makers
- Jenna: Free/open source software
- Vani: Organizing a conference
QCLISSA Zine Library Tour
Pratt Institute library school talk, April 9, 2008.